Safety & Security Resources
Community/Mental Health Resources
HB 1574 requires each governing board of a secondary school to post its written anti-hazing policy on its website.
Policy on Hazing
The Stroudsburg Area School District does not condone any form of initiation or harassment, known as hazing, as part of any school-sponsored student activity. No student, coach, sponsor, volunteer or district employee shall permit, condone or tolerate any form of hazing.
For more information concerning hazing please follow the link below.
Policy on Bullying/CyberBullying
The Stroudsburg Area School District is committed to providing a safe, positive learning environment for district students. The Board recognizes that bullying creates an atmosphere of fear and intimidation, detracts from the safe environment necessary for student learning, and may lead to more serious violence. Therefore, the Board by this policy prohibits bullying by district students.
For more information concerning bullying please follow the link below.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT BULLYING: Tips For Parents
- Encourage your child to report bullying incidents to you.
- Ask your child how he/she has tried to stop the bullying.
- Coach your child in possible alternatives.
- Treat the school as your ally.
- Encourage your child to seek help and to report bullying incidents to someone he/she feels safe with at the school.
- Use school personnel and other parents as resources in finding positive ways to encourage respectful behaviors at school.
- Encourage your child to continue to talk with you about all bullying incidents.
*For more information, visit www.cfchildren.org