SASD is hosting a "Back to School Vaccine Clinic" to assist families in getting their students the state-mandated vaccinations necessary to attend school.
Please see the flyer in the link below for details!
This is not a COVID-19 vaccine clinic.
BACK TO SCHOOL VACCINE CLINIC FLYER
Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements as of August 2017
For attendance in ALL grades children need the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or evidence of immunity
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or if medically advisable, DT or Td
** A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose.
*** Usually given as MMR
For attendance in 7th grade:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) on the first day of 7th grade.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine on the first day of 7th grade
For attendance in 12th grade:
- 1 dose of MCV on the first day of 12th grade.
These requirements allow for the following exemptions: medical reason, religious belief, or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction. Even if your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be excluded from school during an outbreak of vaccine-preventable disease.