Hamilton Elementary School
5531 Hamilton South
Sciota, PA 18354
Hamilton Elementary School agrees to implement the following:
- The school will put into operation programs, activities and procedures for the involvement of parents in the Title I, Part A program. These programs, activities and procedures will be planned and operated with meaningful consultation with parents of participating children.
- An annual Fall Parent Meeting will be held to inform parents of the school’s participation in Title I, to explain the requirements of the program and to inform parents of their right to be involved.
- The school will provide parents of participating children with timely information about the Title I program. The school will report academic progress to parents throughout the year through progress reports and report card comments.
- Parent meetings, including parent conferences, will be held at different times during the day.
- The school will develop school-parent compacts annually.
- The school will identify barriers to greater participation by parents (with particular attention to parents who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background). The school district will use the findings of the evaluation about its parental involvement policy and activities to design strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise, if necessary (and with the involvement of parents) its parental involvement policies.
- Title I funds may be used to pay reasonable and necessary expenses associated with parent involvement activities, to enable parents to participate in school-related meetings and training sessions.
- The school will provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to
improve their children’s academic achievement. Monthly parent newsletters will be
distributed with tips on how parents can impact their children’s achievement. Newsletters in
Spanish will be available. Activities for summer reading and math activities will be
distributed. Translated documents will be coordinated by Mrs. Sarah Engerman, Morey’s
- The school will, to the extent feasible and appropriate, coordinate and integrate parental
involvement programs and activities with Head Start and other public preschool programs.
- The school will ensure that information is sent to parents of participating children in an
understandable format and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents can
- The school will provide assistance to parents in understanding topics such as the following:
- PA Core Standards
- PSSA (Pennsylvania System of School Assessment)
- District Assessments
- The requirements of Title I
- How to monitor their children’s progress
- How to work in partnership with the school
- The school will conduct an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of this policy
and provide parental input in the development of the schoolwide program plan.
Hamilton Elementary School Family Engagement Activities/Events:
- Monthly Movie Nights
- Seasonal Whole School Community Involvement Events
- Parent Support in Reading Challenges
- Online Parent Involvement Links
- Hamilton Facebook
- Book Fairs
- Random Acts of Kindness Coordinator
- Kid Writing
- What’s It All About Day
- Parent Volunteers for School Activities
- Hamilton Huddle (monthly)
- Classroom Dojo
- Garden Work Walk In
- Weekly All-Calls for Event Reminders
- Volunteer Sign-Up Support
- Community Portal
The District Family Engagement Policy has been developed in collaboration with Parents, Administrators and Teachers. It is distributed at all meetings throughout the school year. Input from all stakeholders is collected on a continuing basis and the policy is reviewed and revised annually. Parents, Teachers and Administrators are invited and encouraged to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to this policy. This policy will be reviewed and revised annually. Please send your suggestions to Elise Hanna,Stroudsburg Area School District, 123 Linden Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360, call 570-213-0203, ext. 16000.