District Title I Engagement Policy
The Stroudsburg Area School District agrees to implement the following:
- The school district will put into operation programs, activities and procedures for the involvement of parents in all of its schools with Title I, Part A programs. These programs, activities and procedures will be planned and operated with meaningful consultation with parents of participating children.
- The school district will work with its schools to ensure that school-parent compacts are developed with parents annually.
- The school district will identify barriers to greater participation by parents (with particular attention to parents who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority background). The school district will use the findings of the evaluation about its parental involvement policy and activities to design strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise, if necessary (and with the involvement of parents) its parental involvement policies.
- The school district will provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s academic achievement.
- The school district will educate its teachers, principals and other staff in how to reach out to, communicate with, and work with parents as partners.
- The school district will, to the extent feasible and appropriate, coordinate and integrate parental involvement programs and activities with Head Start and other public preschool programs.
- The school district will ensure that information is sent to parents of participating children in an understandable format and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents can understand.
- The school district will provide assistance to parents in understanding topics such as the following:
- PA Core Standards
- PSSA (Pennsylvania System of School Assessment)
- District Assessments
- The requirements of Title I
- How to monitor their children’s progress
- How to work in partnership with the school
- The school district will conduct an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of this Family Engagement policy.
The District Family Engagement Policy has been developed in collaboration with Parents, Administrators and Teachers. It is distributed at all meetings throughout the school year. Input from all stakeholders is collected on a continuing basis and the policy is reviewed and revised annually. Parents, Teachers and Administrators are invited and encouraged to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to this policy. This policy will be reviewed and revised annually. Please send your suggestions to Elise Hanna,Stroudsburg Area School District, 123 Linden Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360, call 570-213-0203, ext. 16000.