Sapphire Community Web Portal Instructions
**NOTE: Please do not complete the enrollment procedure if you had previously signed up and received a PIN.**
Dear Parents: November 2015
We recognize you are your child’s first and foremost important teacher. As such, we as a school district are constantly striving to increase your awareness and access to information concerning your son’s/daughter’s education. We are pleased that the Stroudsburg Area School District continues to implement and update the new Sapphire Community Web Portal for the 2015-2016 school year which will allow parents to access their child’s homeroom attendance, student schedules (5-12), mid-term progress reports, student report cards (5-12), special district and building announcements, extra curricular and athletic activities/schedules via the Internet. Information will be posted in “real time” daily or weekly by the end of the day on Fridays.
We encourage all parents the opportunity to participate in accessing this information through the Sapphire Community Web Portal via the Internet. Please follow the specified instructions below to participate:
- Log on to district web page www.sburg.org.
- Click on the blue Sapphire Icon to access the Parent/Student Web Portal.
- Click on “Parent Portal Application and Acceptable Use Policy Form”.
- Enter the district keyword “mountie” (all lower case). Read the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Select “Parent Account” in the dropdown menu. Click “Yes” to confirm you read and agree to the above policies.
- Click the “continue” button.
- This will bring you to the Sapphire Community Web Portal Application. Please complete the required fields (*).
- Click “save and print form”.
- Print out and sign the completed version of form.
- You will receive your Personal Identification Number (PIN) via the Internet within five school days.
- Return to the Sapphire Community Portal to access your child’s information (be sure to have your ID, Password and PIN number).
If you have questions regarding the use of the Sapphire Community Portal, please call (570) 213-3669 ext. 50065 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please be assured that your child’s academic records are safe, secured and private. Access to information is restricted only by our secured log on, password and PIN number. Furthermore, the information that is posted to this site is a mirror image of the secured data file insuring that no one can alter permanent records through this application and viewing process. Certain information you will be viewing will be in real time during the day and week. Please note this information (e.g. grades) is only a projection until final grades are posted at the end of the marking period and school year.
We are very pleased to offer the Sapphire Community Web Portal to our parents. All Stroudsburg Area Schools and parents will have access to the Community Portal. However, please note that not all student information is available or may not be able to be posted at this time (e.g., discipline, standardized test scores, and unofficial transcripts).
It is our sincere hope that you will find the Sapphire community Web Portal useful in a continuous effort to involve you as a parent in promoting and enhancing your child’s education.
Dr. Cosmas Curry